The Willie Walker Wiki
...lots about the English & Llewellin Setter

Although it is not known what component of the grapes or raisins causes renal failure in dogs, the fact that grapes and raisins are fatal poisonous for dogs is for certain. 
Dogs that consumed grapes or raisins typically vomited within a few hours of ingestion. At this point, some dogs would stop eating, and develop diarrhea. The dogs often became lethargic and showed signs of abdominal pain. Medical evidence showed elevated levels of blood calcium, blood urea nitrogen, creatinine and phosphorous. These chemicals reflect kidney function. As the kidney damage developed, the dogs would produce little urine. When they could no longer produce urine, death occurred. 
Treatment can be successful with immediate medical intervention. The exact dose is not known, scientists estimate that already about 11,6 g grapes/kg weight of the dog can be dangerous.

PayPal Me

Hey, this is really great work - how can I thank you?
Donations via PayPal are always needed and appreciated!
The PayPal account is: pedigree@englishsetters.at

Visitors since 08/07/2016

Visitors: 2300
Top 10 Countries:
821 United States
277 France
207 Russia
196 Austria
166 United Kingdom
67 Italy
46 Greece
45 Australia
35 Spain
34 Canada